All your personal Information will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). If you want to know what Information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at:
Data Protection Compliance Officer
Walker Books Limited
87 Vauxhall Walk
London SE11 5HJ
Walker Books Limited (“we”, “us”) is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act.
We may collect Information about you when you request any information about us or our goods or services, submit your personal details and/or complete any forms on the website.
- We will not collect any personally identifying information (such as your name, address or e-mail address) other than the Information supplied to us on a voluntary basis as described below.
- When you register for information about us or our on-line activities, subscribe to our newsletter, enter a contest or participate in a promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can provide the information, administer the newsletter, promotion or contest and notify winners. We will not, and may not, require you to give us more Information than is reasonably necessary to take part in any activity (contest or promotional offering.)
- We will only use your Information for internal record keeping and for sending updates, exclusive extracts and further competitions. You may unsubscribe at any time from any such future mailings by hitting the unsubscribe button at the end of each mailing or by sending us an e-mail as described in Updating Your Information below
- We monitor site traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
- We do not collect Information from children aged under 12 on this site.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. To learn more about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies. To disable cookies through your browser, follow the steps set out at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Walker does not sell, trade, or rent your personal Information to others.
We may disclose your Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce the terms of this Agreement and other agreement we may have with you or to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our clients or employees;
- to pass your Information to our affiliates (including, without limit, companies within the Walker Books group.)
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You may update or change information related to your interaction with Walker by e-mailing your changes to privacy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be kept within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, we may from time to time disclose your Information to other companies with the Walker Books group which are located outside the EEA for internal audit and analysis or general company administration.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We welcome your questions, suggestions and comments about privacy. Please send an e-mail to privacy.